The instrument was manufactured by the Moller organ company. The organ was a eight rank instrument based on the style of the time. In 1956 the church decided to do many major projects which included expanding the pipe organ. Fred Weickhardt was the local representative for the Reuter organ company who the church council contracted to expand the organ. The expansion included adding a second pipe chamber, rebuilding the console and adding six additional ranks of pipes.
This organ was used in this fashion untill in 1999 when the church again contacted Reuter to get more work done. Since 1999 the swell reservoir has been releathered, the swell shades in the swell division have been re-leathered, a new blower was installed, the 8' Trumpet rank was removed; sent out for revoicing and re-installed, many wind leaks were corrected, a new 4' Principal stop was added to the swell, as well as other issues being addressed.
In January 2009 we added an 8' Aeolian Skinner Principal to the great division and also removed, re-leathered and re-installed the great reservoir. In late 2009 the hope is to add a Peterson Relay/switch to the Great division which will allow the addition of a Gemshorn, 2' Octave and 3 rank Mixture.
Stop in ANY Sunday by or before 9 am and listen to 20-35 minutes of organ music / prelude played on this fine instrument.